Pan D Capsule contains Pantoprazole Sodium. It is used to cure stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux). It decreases the amount of acid made in stomach by parietal cells (also called oxyntic cells) in the gastric glands. Pantoprazole Sodium relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. It helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus, helps prevent ulcers, and may help prevent cancer of the esophagus. Pantoprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
|Price||Rs 170 for 15 capsules|
|Manufacturer||Alkem Laboratories Ltd|
|Composition/Salt||Pantoprazole Sodium (40 MG), Domperidone (30 MG)|
Composition of Pan D Capsule:
Pan D Capsule is combination of two main ingredients.
- Pantoprazole Sodium (40 MG) – Pantoprazole is a first-generation Proton Pump Inhibitor used for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), for gastric protection to prevent recurrence of Stomach Ulcers or Gastric Damage from chronic use of NSAIDs, and for the treatment of Pathological Hypersecretory conditions including Zollinger-Ellison (ZE) Syndrome.
- Domperidone (30 MG) – Domperidone is a medicine that increases the movements of the stomach and bowel. it is also used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by other drugs. Domperidone is to be given only by or under the immediate supervision of your doctor.
Usage of Pan D Capsule:
Pan D can be used in curing the following conditions:
- Uses in cases of Gastro Esophageal Reflex Disease (GERD) to prevent backward reflux of acidic content into the esophagus.
- Relief in motion sickness.
- Used for patients suffering with Peptic Ulcer.
- Help curing Patients suffering with nausea and vomiting.
- Used to treat heartburn or acidity as it neutralizes the acid content.
- Used in cases of Erosive esophagitis as it prevents the reflux of acidic content.
- Used to treat Idiopathic or diabetic Gastroparesis (prevents stomach emptying).
Must Read Articles:
|Foods Rich in Vitamin B12||Foods Rich in Calcium|
|Foods Rich in Fats||Foods Rich in Omega 3|
|Patanjali Amla Juice||Foods Rich in Iron|
|Rich in Carbohydrates||Health Articles|
How to use Pan D Capsule?
Read the Patient Information Leaflet if available from your pharmacist before you start taking pantoprazole and each time you get a refill. Medicine to be taken by mouth as directed by doctor, usually once daily. Dosage and length of treatment are based on the medical condition and response to treatment. Tablet can be taken with or without food. Swallow the whole table at once and it should not be split, crush, or chew. Dose should be taken 30 minutes before a meal. Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it and should be taken it at the same time each day. Continue to take this medication for the prescribed length of treatment even if you are feeling better. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Adverse & Side Effects of Pan D Capsule:
If a medicine is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with the intended benefits there are chances of getting a few unwanted side effects too. If side effects don’t disappear in a short period, then it is strongly recommended to consult your Doctor for proper medical attention. You Doctor would make changes in your medication, and dosage accordingly. Below mentioned are some possible side effects of Pan D Capsule.
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pains
- Blurred vision
- Tenderness of Breast
- Increased bone fracture
- Irregular Menstruation
Precautions and Warnings while using Pan D Capsule:
- Pregnancy – During pregnancy Pan D should be taken under Doctor’s Advice. Any issue, problem, drawback with intake during pregnancy to be reported to doctor immediately.
- Lactation – Information on Safety during lactation is not yet available so please inform your doctor.
- Driving – Usage of Pan D Capsule during driving is not yet available so please consult your doctor.
- Diabetes – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Alcohol – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Liver – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Kidney – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.