Alex syrup is very commonly used for the treatment of cough, common cold/flu, bronchitis and sinusitis. It is also helpful in relieving stiffness in nose, earache, sneezing/running nose and sinus. . Alex Syrup is helpful in thinning the mucus lining and thus it provides relief in stiffness and sneezing. It is generally used to prevent and cure common and hay fever and the allergies associated with it. Alex Syrup is manufactured and marketed by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
|Price||Rs. 82.00 for 60ml Syrup|
|Manufacturer||Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Composition/Salt||Phenylephrine, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide and Chlorpheniramine Meleate|
Composition of Alex Syrup:
Alex Syrup is formed with the amalgamation of the various medicines. All the major and minor components used to form Alex Syrup are –
- Phenylephrine – It is generally used to prevent and cure common cold and flu and the allergies associated with it like running nose and stiffness in nose. It is also helpful in the treatment of various respiratory tract disorders like Bronchitis and Sinusitis.
- Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide – This medicine is used for the treatment of cough, common cold, sneezing/running nose caused due to cold or allergies.
- Chlorpheniramine Meleate – It is used for curing itching, sneezing, watery eyes and runny nose. It reduces the effect of histamine in the body.
Usage of Alex Syrup:
Alex syrup is generally used for treating and preventing runny nose, common cold, hay fever and various allergic reactions. Some of the major and minor uses of Alex syrup are –
- Running Nose
- Throat Irritation
- Respiratory Tract Disorders
- Eye mydriasis
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Stiffness in nose
- Watery eyes
- Common Cold
How to use Alex Syrup:
Alex Syrup can be consumed before and after the meal and it should only be consumed as per the advice of your doctor/physician. This medicine works differently for different patients as per age, weight and medical history of the patient. It is generally to consume 5 to 10 ml of this syrup twice or thrice per day for an adult. Dosage and duration of this medicine should be followed as per your doctor’s advice. Shake the bottle of this syrup well before using. Store the bottle of this syrup at a cool and dry place. Please consult your doctor in case of any overdose or mixed dose of this medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Alex Syrup:
This medicine should only be used as per doctor’s advice. Do not overuse or mixed use this medicine.
Below are some of the side effects that may occur after using Alex Syrup. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects –
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Stomach Pain
- Altered Sleep Pattern
Precautions and Warnings While Using Alex Syrup:
Alex Syrup should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor about your allergies and medical history. Some of the precautions that should be taken while consuming Alex Syrup are –
- Pregnant or Lactating – This medicine is not recommended for pregnant or lactating patients as it can cause adverse affect to the fetus or infant, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Liver or Kidney Patients – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with Liver or Kidney ailment. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Alcohol – Interaction of this medicine with alcohol is not safe. Do not consume this medicine with alcohol.
- Driving – It is not advisable to use this medicine while driving as it can cause you dizziness, blurred vision and drowsiness. Do not consume this medicine while driving.