Antibodies are used by our Immune System which is like a defense system for our body as it helps in fighting various virus, bacteria and parasites. Our immune system also helps in preventing and treating various infections and disorders. Fruits like guava, berries and oranges or green vegetables like broccoli and other various healthy fats are all great sources to boost the Antibodies level in the body.
Foods high in sugar like soda, processed food and alcoholic beverages should be avoided as they reduce the effectiveness of the Antibodies in our body.
What are Antibodies?
Antibodies are some special Y-shaped proteins that act as a shield for our body as they prevent the entering of the pathogens like bacteria, viruses, parasites and worms and prevents the entering of a harmful substance. Immune System starts releasing these Antibodies with the help of B Cells as soon as it detects an antigen, it fights the antigen and thus it helps in preventing and treating disorders and diseases.
Top Foods that Boost the Antibodies:
- Spinach – Spinach is also one of the healthiest vegan sources for boosting the immunity of our body. You can eat Spinach raw in salad or cooked. Spinach is a highly nutritious source of a variety of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Iron which are all necessary for boosting the growth and functioning of the Antibodies in our body.
- Almonds – Almonds are a great nut snack sources for boosting the immunity of our body. Almonds are great sources of Vitamin E and Proteins which are useful in protecting various disorders and thus they help in boosting the Antibodies.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet Potatoes are highly nutritious vegan sources of a variety of nutrients such as Vitamin C, healthy fibers, iron, selenium and other B Vitamins which are all helpful in boosting the levels and functioning of the Antibodies in our body.
- Oranges/Lemons – Oranges/Lemons are very commonly used sources for boosting the immunity of our body. Oranges and Lemons are great sources of Vitamin C and Vitamin C is necessary for the growth of lymphocytes (immune cells) and thus they boost the Antibodies.
- Skim Yogurt – Skim Yogurt is a great dairy product for boosting the immunity of our body. Skim Yogurt provides a good amount of Vitamin D and protein to our body which are necessary for the proper functioning of and growth of Antibodies.
- Bell Peppers – Bell Peppers are highly nutritious sources of Vitamin C and other minerals like iron which are very helpful for proper functioning of various parts of our body. Vitamin C helps in growth of the lymphocytes and Iron is necessary for the improving the functioning of the Antibodies.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a yellow spice which is very commonly used while cooking. Turmeric can provide you various Vitamins and Nutrients like Vitamin C, Iron and Zinc which are necessary for the growth and functioning of our Antibodies. Apart from these Turmeric is a great anti-oxidant also.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is one of the healthiest foods which are helpful in boosting our immune system. Broccoli can provide a rich of vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron and Zinc which are all necessary for better functioning and growth of Antibodies in our body.
- Ginger – Ginger can provide you a variety of different vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other minerals like potassium and manganese which are all very helpful in enhancing the performance of our Antibodies. Apart from these Ginger is also very helpful in improving the metabolism of our body.
- Salmon – Salmon and other fatty fishes are some of the healthiest sources of boosting the Antibodies in our body. Salmon is a highly rich source of high quality proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, B Vitamins and potassium which are all helpful in boosting the functioning and levels of antibodies in the body.
- Green Tea – Green Tea is one of the healthiest sources of boosting the immunity of our body. Green tea helps in reducing the anti oxidants of our body and it is also helpful in the prevention of various cancer and heart disorders and thus it helps in improving the Antibodies in our body.
All the Foods mentioning above are healthy, easily available and highly nutritious and are great sources for boosting the Antibodies. Antibodies are vital for our body as they provide protection from harmful substances and pathogens like bacteria and viruses and it provides a fortification to our body. It is necessary to maintain a good amount of Antibodies in our body to protect our body from all kinds of disorders and for having a healthy living.