Soframycin Cream is an anti-bacterial liniment which is used for the treatment and prevention of skin, ear and eye bacterial infections. Soframycin Cream inhibits the growth of bacteria on the area applied and thus it helps in curing the bacterial infections. It is also helpful in the treatment of minor burns, wounds and minor cuts. Soframycin Cream is manufactured and marketed by Sanofi India Ltd. and it is also available in the form of tablet and powder.
|Price||Rs. 45.76 for 30gm Cream|
|Manufacturer||Sanofi India Ltd.|
Composition of Soframycin Cream:
Soframycin Cream consists of Framycetin as its main and active ingredient. All the major and minor components of Soframycin Cream are –
- Framycetin – Framycetin is an antibiotic cream which is used for the treatment and prevention of various bacterial infections. Framycetin is also used for the treatment of infected burns, skin grafts, cuts and wounds. It restricts the growth of bacteria and helps in stopping the spread of infection.
Usage of Soframycin Cream:
Soframycin Cream is used to prevent and cure various bacterial infections and disorders as it has anti-bacterial properties. Some of the major and minor uses of Soframycin Cream are –
- Ear Infections
- Eye Infections
- Skin Bacterial Infections
- Minor Cuts
- Minor Burns
- Skin Grafts
How To Use Soframycin Cream:
Soframycin Cream is used to prevent and cure various skin, eyes and ear infections. It should used and applied only as per the doctor’s advice. The area on which you are applying the ointment should be washed and dried properly and then gently apply this cream on the skin and rub it for about 20 seconds. Do not apply this cream for longer duration than recommended. Wash your hands properly before and after applying this medicine. Avoid touching your nose and mouth after applying this medicine. Please consult your doctor if you miss any dosage or overuse this medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Soframycin Cream:
This medicine should only be used as per doctor’s advice. Do not overuse or mixed use this medicine. Below are some of the side effects that may occur after using Soframycin Cream. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects –
- Redness on Skin
- Burning Sensation
- Rashes on Skin
- Itching in Eyes
- Irritation in Ears
- Hearing Loss
- Loss of Vision or Blurred Vision
- Damage in Ear
Precautions and Warning While Using Soframycin Cream:
Soframycin Cream should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Please tell your doctor or physician about your allergies and medical history. Some of the precautions and warnings that should be taken while using Soframycin Cream are –
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose after applying this medicine.
- Wash your hands properly before and after applying this cream.
- Do not overuse this ointment incase of any missed dose.
- Do not apply this medicine on genital areas.
- Please consult doctor if the patient is pregnant or breastfeeding.