Shelcal Tablet consists of Calcium and Vitamin D3 as its main components and it generally helps in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the body. It is used in preventing and treating Vitamin D deficiencies and disorders associated with it. Shelcal Tablet helps in strengthening the bones and treats the disorders caused due to weakening of bones like osteoporosis. Shelcal Tablets helps in bone formation, bone repair and prevents weaking of bones, it is also useful in maintaining a good bone structure. Shelcal Tablets are also helpful inhibiting the acid in the body and thus it helps in treating acidic reflux. Shelcal Tablets are manufactured and marketed by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
|Price||Rs. 89.00 for 15 tablets|
|Manufacturer||Torrent Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd|
|Composition/Salt||Calcium Carbonate and Vitamin D3|
Composition of Shelcal Tablet:
Shelcal Tablet consists of Calcium Carbonate and Vitamin D3 as its main and active ingredient. All the major and minor components of Shelcal Tablet are –
- Vitamin D3 – It helps in treating and preventing Vitamin D deficiencies and disorders orders associated with it. It helps in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the body and thus it helps in the strengthening the bones and treats osteoporosis.
- Calcium Carbonate – Calcium Carbonate helps in maintaining a good bone structure and the health of bones. It also works as an antacid and it helps in treating and preventing acidic reflux, indigestion and various other stomach ailments.
Usage of Shelcal Tablet:
Shelcal Tablet is mainly used to provide healthy bones and good body structure and it is also used to prevent and cure various Vitamin D deficiencies and disorders associated with it. Some of the uses of Shelcal Tablet are –
- Strengthens Bones
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Acidic Reflux
- Treats Rickets
- Calcium and Phosphorus Deficiencies
- Maintains Good Bone Structure
- Helps in Bone Formation
- Bones Disorders
How To Use Shelcal Tablet:
Shelcal Tablet should only be consumed with or after having the meal. Shelcal Tablet should not be crushed or chewed it should be swallowed directly with water. It is generally advised to consume this medicine once or twice per day for an adult. Dosage and Duration of the medicine depends upon the age, body weight and medical history of the patient, please follow the advice of your doctor/physician. Always tell your doctor or physician about your allergies and medical history. Please consult your doctor in case of any missed dose or overdose of the medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Shelcal Tablet:
Shelcal Tablet works differently on different patients. Some of the side effects that may occur after consuming Shelcal Tablet are given below. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects.
- Rashes on Skin
- Increase in Calcium level
- Chest Pain
- Mouth Ulcer
- Stomach Ache
- Loss of Appetite
Precautions and Warnings While Using Shelcal Tablet:
Shelcal Tablet should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor or physician about your medical history or allergies. Some of the precautions that should be taken before using Shelcal Tablet are –
- Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended to use during pregnancy, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Driving – Do not use this medicine while driving as it can cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Breast Feeding – It is not advised to use this medicine while breast feeding as it can cause adverse effect to the infant, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Alcohol – Interaction of this medicine with alcohol is not safe. Do not consume this medicine with alcohol.
- Kidney Diseases – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with kidney ailments, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.