Composition of Shelcal 500 Tablet:
Below is the composition of Shelcal 500 Tablet.
- Calcium (500MG) – It is a mineral that is necessary for life. In addition to building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our muscles to contract and our heart to beat.
- CHOLECALCIFEROL (250 I.U.) – It is Vitamin D3. Cholecalciferol is used as a dietary supplement in people who do not get enough vitamin D in their diets to maintain adequate health.
Usage of Shelcal 500 Tablet:
As a medicine Shelcal 500 Tablet is used to cure following conditions:
- Shelcal works as a supplement of Vitamin D3 and cures the deficiency.
- It also works as a supplement for Calcium and cures the deficiency.
- As it contains calcium so this also helpful in treating gastrointestinal conditions like acidity and heartburn.
- It also helps in improving bone density as it contains calcium.
How to use Shelcal 500 Tablet:
Shelcal 500 Tablet is used as supplement for Calcium and Vitamin D. The effectiveness of medicine is strictly depends on the severity and condition of patient. It works in different ways as per patient’s age group, gender and the medical history. Dosage of medicine should be followed strictly as prescribed by Doctor.
- Shelcal is available in form of tablet and should be taken as prescribed by doctor.
- Shelcal should be taken after food.
- Medicine should be taken with an equal interval of time.
- Medicine should be taken as whole with water and should not be crushed, tempered or chewed.
Adverse & Side Effects of Shelcal 500 Tablet:
If a medicine is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with the intended benefits there are chances of getting a few unwanted side effects too. Side Effects may vary from person to person so doctor should be consulted for medication, and dosage. The most common side effects of the Shelcal 500 Tablet are the following:
- Some common side effects of the medicine are like Skin Rashes, Irritation, Fever, Headache and Constipation.
- Some other less common side effects are like Hunger Reduction, Nausea, Ulcers, Un even sleeping patterns, Increase in urination.
Precautions and Warnings while using Shelcal 500 Tablet:
- Pregnancy – Intake of Shelcal 500 Tablet during pregnancy in not advisable, medication should be consulted with doctor.
- Lactation – Information on Safety during lactation is not available so please inform your doctor.
- Driving – Shelcal 500 Tablet effects during driving are unknown, so please consult your doctor before medication.
- Diabetes – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Alcohol – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Liver – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Kidney – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.