Primolut N Tablet is commonly used to cure menstrual disorders like uterine bleeding, painful periods or menopause, etc. It is also helpful for female fertility and it reduces the risk during miscarriage. Primolut N Tablet simply works like progesterone (woman hormone) and thus it helps in the treatment and prevention of various disorders and complications during pregnancy and menstruation caused due to lack of hormones. It is also helpful in the prevention of uterus cancer and it can also be used as a contraceptive. Primolut NG Tablet is manufactured and marketed by Zydus Cadila.
|Name||Primolut N Tablet|
|Price||Rs. 56.00 for 10 tablets.|
Compositon of Primolut N Tablet:
Primolut N Tablet consists of Norethisterone as its main and active ingredient. All the major and minor components of Primolut N Tablet are –
- Norethisterone – Norethisterone is a synthetic hormone which works similar to progesterone. It is used for a variety of indications, including threatened miscarriage during pregnancy. It acts similar to the natural woman hormone progesterone and thus it helps in the treatment and prevention of various disorders and complications during pregnancy and menstruation caused due to lack of hormones.
Usage of Primolut N Tablet:
Primolut N Tablet is used in the treatment and prevention of various disorders and complications during pregnancy and menstruation caused due to lack of hormones. Some of the major and minor uses of Primolut N Tablet are –
- Menstrual Abnormalities – It is used to treat menstrual abnormalities like Menopause and painful periods.
- Strengthening Bones – It also helps to strengthen bones.
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Amenorrhea and Secondary Amenorrhea – Primolut N Tablet is used in treatment of amenorrhea and secondary amenorrhea to restart the menstrual periods in absence of pregnancy.
- Prevention of Uterine Cancer and Breast Cancer.
- Infertility – It helps to increase fertility of woman.
- Lack of Hormone – Dydrogesterone also acts as Progesterone (female fertility hormone).
- Uterine Bleeding – It helps in reducing the pain during dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
How To Use Primolut N Tablet:
Primolut N Tablet can be consumed with or without having the meal. Primolut N Tablet should not be crushed or chewed it should be swallowed directly with water. It is generally advised to consume this medicine once per day for an adult. Dosage and Duration of the medicine depends upon the age, body weight and medical history of the patient, please follow the advice of your doctor/physician. Always tell your doctor or physician about your allergies and medical history. Please consult your doctor in case of any missed dose or overdose of the medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Primolut N Tablet:
Primolut N Tablet works differently on different patients. Some of the side effects that may occur after consuming Primolut N Tablet are given below. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects.
- Chest Pain
- Irregular Periods
- Altered Sleep Pattern
- Blurred Vision
- Breast Enlargement
- Facial Hair Growth
- Stomach Ache
- Rashes on Skin
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Change in Mood
- Abdominal Pain
Precautions and Warnings While Using Primolut N Tablet:
Primolut N Tablet should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor or physician about your medical history or allergies. Some of the precautions that should be taken before using Primolut N Tablet are –
- Pregnant and Lactating Women – Use this medicine only if necessary in case of pregnant and lactating women, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Driving – Primolut N Tablet may cause Dizziness so don’t consume it while driving
- Kidney and Liver Patients – It is not advisable to prescribe this medicine to Patients with any Kidney or Liver Disease, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Heart Patients – It is not advisable to prescribe this medicine to Patients with any Heart or Cardio vascular Disease, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Alcohol – Interaction of this medicine with alcohol is not safe. Do not consume this medicine with alcohol