MTP Kit is formed with the combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol and it is used to terminate an early pregnancy that is before 7 to 10 weeks. It is a legal abortion method and it also helps to prevent blood loss and maintain blood sugar level. MTP Kit blocks the action of progesterone hormone that is required for maintaining pregnancy. MTP Kit is manufactured and marketed by Cipla Ltd.
|Price||Rs. 499.00 for 1 Kit|
|Composition/Salt||Mifepristone (200 mg) and Misoprostol (200 mcg)|
Table of Contents
Composition of MTP Kit:
MTP Kit is formed with the combination of two tablets Mifepristone (200 mg) and Misoprostol (200 mcg). All the major and minor components of mtp ppt are –
- Misoprostol – It helps in decreasing the risk of ulcer complications like bleeding. Misoprostol mixed with Mispristone helps to end pregnancy.
- Mifepristone – Mifepristone/Mifeprex is used to block the action of progesterone and thus it is used to terminate early pregnancy.
Usage of MTP Kit:
MTP kit is most commonly used for terminating pregnancy (abortion). Some of the major and minor uses of MTP Kit are –
- Termination of Pregnancy
- Maintaining Blood Sugar Levels
- Labor Induction
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Injury
- Treats Meningioma
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Gastric Ulcer
- Menses Induction
How To Use MTP Kit:
MTP Kit is sold in the form of Tablets. mtp should be consumed with or after having the meal. These Tablets should not be crushed or chewed it should be swallowed directly. It should only be consumed as prescribed by your doctor or physician. Dosage and Duration of the medicine depends upon the age, body weight and medical history of the patient, please follow the advice of your doctor/physician. Always follow doctor’s advice and avoid skipping and overdose of this medicine. The effectiveness of tablet is strictly depends upon the severity and condition of patient.
Adverse and Side Effects of MTP Kit:
MTP works differently on different patients depending of age, weight, BMI of patient. Below are some of the side effects that may occur after using mtp ppt. Please consult your doctor or physician if you find any of these side effects.
- Stomach Cramps
- Uterine Contractions
- Difficulty in Urination
- Loss of Strength
- Menorrhagia ( Heavy Menstrual Bleeding )
- Abdominal Pain
- Decreased Appetite
Precautions and Warning While Using MTP Kit:
MTP Kit should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor or physician about your medical history or allergies. Some of the precautions that should be taken before using mtp ppt are –
- Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended for pregnant patient who are in later stage of pregnancy. Do not consume this medicine if you are in later stage of pregnancy.
- Heart Patients – Use this medicine only if necessary or prescribed by your doctor, please consult your doctor.
- Alcohol – Interaction of this medicine with alcohol is not safe. Do not use this medicine with alcohol.
- Driving – MTP can cause you Dizziness and loss in alertness so it is not advised to use it while driving.
- Breast feeding – It is not advised to use this medicine while Breast Feeding, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Kidney or liver Diseases – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with kidney or liver ailments, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
A. Price of MTP Kit Medicine is Rs. 499.00 for 1 Kit.
A. MTP Kit medicine is the composition of Mifepristone (200 mg) and Misoprostol (200 mcg).
A. Manufacturer of MTP Kit is Cipla Ltd..
A. This article written on MTP Kit will provide you the usage, dose, price & side effects of MTP Kit.