Composition of Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet:
Below is the composition of Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet.
- Metronidazole (400 mg) – It is an antibiotic that is used to treat a wide variety of infections. It works by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites.
Usage of Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet:
As a medicine Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet is used to cure following conditions:
- Metrogyl is used to cure parasitic infection by guinea worm (Known as Dracunculiasis).
- It is used to treat the disease caused by giardia lamblia (Giardiasis).
- Used for patients facing problems caused by trichomonas vaginalis (Trichomoniasis).
- Amoebiasis: Used to treat Amebiasis (infection caused by Entamoeba group).
- It is also used in cases of Clostridium difficile colitis.
- Used to prevent pre term birth in women with bacterial vaginosis.
- Used to treat infections of teeth, gums and mouth, infected bed sores and leg ulcers.
- It is also used to treat blood infections.
How to use Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet:
Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet is used as Antibiotic to cure infections. The effectiveness of medicine is strictly depends on the severity and condition of patient. It works in different ways as per patient’s age group, gender and the medical history. Dosage of medicine should be followed strictly as prescribed by Doctor.
- Metrogyl 400 is available in form of tablet and should be taken as prescribed by doctor.
- Metrogyl 400 should be taken after food.
- Medicine should be taken as whole and should not be crushed, broken into parts and chewed.
- Metrogyl 400 should be taken on the equal time interval.
Adverse & Side Effects of Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet:
If a medicine is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with the intended benefits there are chances of getting a few unwanted side effects too. Side Effects may vary from person to person so doctor should be consulted for medication, and dosage. The most common side effects of the Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet are the following:
- Some common side effects of the medicine are like Nausea, Vomiting, GI Disturbance, Darkness in Urine, Anorexia, Mouth Dryness and Pruritis.
- Some other less common side effects are like Drowsiness, Dizziness, Headache, Hepatitis, Ataxia, Urticaria.
Precautions and Warnings while using Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet:
- Pregnancy – Intake of Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet during pregnancy is not advisable, medication should be consulted with doctor.
- Lactation – Information on Safety during lactation is not available so please inform your doctor.
- Driving – Metrogyl 400 Mg Tablet effects during driving are unknown, so please consult your doctor before medication.
- Diabetes – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Alcohol – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Liver – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Kidney – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.