Levolin Syrup is used to relax and smooth the muscles of airway which helps in increasing the amount of air passing through the lungs and thus it helps in the treatment of asthma, shortness of breath and other chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases like coughing and sneezing. Levolin Syrup also has anti-inflammatory properties that help in preventing the inflammation of lungs, lung swelling and constriction of airways. Levolin Syrup is manufactured and marketed by Cipla Ltd. and it is available in different variants namely Levolin 1mg Syrup and Levolin Plus Syrup and it comes in the form of tablet also.
|Price||Rs. 20.02 for 100 ml Syrup|
Composition of Levolin Syrup:
Levolin Syrup consists of Levosalbutamol as its main and active ingredient –
- Levosalbutamol – It is generally used for the treatment and prevention of asthma, shortness of breath and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases like coughing and sneezing.
Also read: Levolin Syrup in Hindi
Usage of Levolin Syrup:
Levolin syrup is generally used for treating and preventing asthma, shortness of breath and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases like coughing and sneezing. Some of the major and minor uses of Levolin Syrup are –
- Constriction of Airways
- Inflammation of Lungs
- Swelling on Lungs
- Chronic Pulmonary Diseases
- Shortness of Breath
How to use Levolin Syrup:
Levolin Syrup should be taken after the meal and it should only be consumed as per the advice of your doctor/physician. This medicine works differently for different patients as per age, weight and medical history of the patient. It is generally advised to use this medicine twice per day for an adult. Dosage and duration of this medicine should be followed as per your doctor’s advice. Shake the bottle of this syrup well before using. Store the bottle of this syrup at a cool and dry place. Please consult your doctor in case of any overdose or mixed dose of this medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Levolin Syrup:
This medicine should only be used as per doctor’s advice. Do not overuse or mixed use this medicine.
Below are some of the side effects that may occur after using Levolin Syrup. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects –
- Rashes on Skin
- Chest Pain
- Running Nose
- Sore Throat
- Nasal Congestion
- Loss of Appetite
- Muscle Cramps
- Viral Infections
- Irregular Heartbeats
- Increase in Blood Pressure
Precautions and Warnings While Using Levolin Syrup:
Levolin Syrup should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor about your allergies and medical history. Some of the precautions that should be taken while consuming Levolin Syrup are –
- Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended for pregnant patients as it can cause adverse affect to the fetus, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Alcohol – Interaction of this medicine with alcohol is not safe. Do not consume this medicine with alcohol.
- Hypokalemia – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with low level of potassium in the blood, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children.
- Heart Patients – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with Heart ailment. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.