Drotin DS is an analgesic medicine which is generally used to cure and relief muscle cramps and ache. Drotin DS is used for the treatment and prevention of headache, period pain, chest pain, pain due to kidney stone, abdominal pain, relieves pain and twitches of heart and stomach muscles and relieves other pains during pregnancy, ulcer and menstruation. Drotin DS is also used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and gastro intestinal pain. Drotin Ds is manufactured and marketed by Walter Bushnell Pvt. Ltd. and it is available in the form of both syrup and tablet.
|Price||Rs. 168.67 for 15 Tablets and Rs. 66.52 for 30ml Suspension|
|Manufacturer||Walter Bushnell Pvt. Ltd.|
Composition of Drotin DS:
Drotin DS consists of Drotaverine as its main and active ingredient. All the major and minor components of Drotin DS are –
- Drotaverine – Drotaverine is most commonly used for the treatment and prevention of abdominal pain and menstrual pain. It is also used for the treatment and prevention of headache, chest pain, pain due to kidney stone, abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, relieves pain and twitches of heart and stomach muscles and relieves other pains during pregnancy, and ulcer.
Usage of Drotin DS:
Drotin DS is mainly used for the treatment and prevention of abdominal pain and menstrual pain. Some of the uses of Drotin DS are –
- Menstrual Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest Pain
- Pain due to Kidney Stone
- Stomach Ache
- Relieves Muscles Pain and Twitches of heart and Stomach
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pain During Pregnancy and Ulcer
- Gastro intestinal Pain
How To Use Drotin DS:
Drotin DS should only be consumed with or after having the meal.
Drotin DS Tablet should not be crushed or chewed it should be swallowed directly with water. It is generally advised to consume this medicine twice or thrice per day for an adult.
The bottle of the syrup should be shaken well before use. It is generally advised to take 2 or 3 table spoons of Drotin DS syrup for adults, please follow the advice of your doctor/physician. Store the bottle of syrup in cool and dry place.
Dosage and Duration of the medicine depends upon the age, body weight and medical history of the patient, please follow the advice of your doctor/physician. Always tell your doctor or physician about your allergies and medical history. Please consult your doctor in case of any missed dose or overdose of the medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Drotin DS:
Drotin DS works differently on different patients. Some of the side effects that may occur after consuming Drotin DS are given below. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects.
- Dry Mouth
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Decrease in Blood Pressure
- Swelling of Face and Lips
- Allergic Reactions
- Acidic Reflux
- Altered Heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings While Using Drotin DS:
Drotin DS should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor or physician about your medical history or allergies. Some of the precautions that should be taken before using Drotin DS are –
- Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended to use during pregnancy, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Alcohol – Interaction of this medicine with alcohol is not safe. Do not consume this medicine with alcohol.
- Kidney or Liver Diseases – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with kidney or liver ailments, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Breast Feeding – It is not advised to use this medicine while breast feeding as it can cause adverse effect to the infant, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Driving – Do not use this medicine while driving as it can cause vertigo and dizziness.