Digene is used to neutralize the acid formed in the body and is used to treat gas problems, acidity and constipation. It is also used in the treatment of stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Digene is very commonly used in India to treat stomach pain and acidity and it is manufactured by ABBOT.
|Price||Rs. 108.85 for 200 ml Syrup,|
|Composition/Salt||Aluminium Hydroxide, Magnesium Hydroxide, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose|
Table of Contents
Composition of Digene Syrup & Tablets:
Digene Syrup & Tablets is formed with the amalgamation of various extracts and ingredients. All the major and minor components of Digene are –
- Aluminium Hydroxide – It acts as an antacid in the body and is used to treat stomach upset and indigestion.
- Magnesium Hydroxide – It is helpful in reducing acid in the body and helps in improving the bowel movement thus helps in relieving constipation.
- Simethicone – It is used for treating stomach pain and intestinal pain caused due to gas.
- Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose – It is used as an addition in food to emulsify and stabilize acid in the body.
Also Read: Digene Tablet & Syrup uses in Hindi
Usage of Digene Syrup & Tablets:
Digene Syrup & Tablets is used to treat various gastric issues and acidic problems and is used to prevent and cure various disorders and diseases. Some of the major and minor uses of Digene Syrup & Tablets are –
- Heart Burn
- Stomach Upset
- Reflux Esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Ulcer Infection
- Stomach Infection
How To Use Digene Syrup & Tablets:
Digene can be taken empty stomach or 30 minutes after the meal. Digene is available in the form of both Tablets and Syrup.
Digene Tablets can be crushed or chewed and it can be swallowed also. The common dosage of Digene Tablets is 1 to 4 Tablets per adult per day.
Digene Syrup should be shaken well before use and it should be stored in a cool and dry place. The common dosage of Digene Syrup is 1 to 4 table spoon of Digene Syrup per adult per day.
Dosage and Duration of the medicine depends upon the age and medical history of the patient, please follow the advice of your doctor/physician. Always tell your doctor or physician about your allergies and medical history. Please consult your doctor in case of any missed dose or overdose of the medicine.
Adverse & Side Effects of Digene Syrup & Tablets:
Digene works differently on different patients. Some of the side effects that may occur after consuming Digene are given below. Please consult your doctor if you find any of these side effects.
- Rashes on Skin
- Loss of Appetite
- Stomach Discomfort
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Skin Allergy
Precautions and Warnings While Using Digene Syrup & Tablets:
Digene should only be used as per your doctor’s advice. Check the labels of the medicine carefully. Always tell your doctor or physician about your medical history or allergies. Some of the precautions that should be taken before using Digene are:
- Gastric Bleeding – This medicine should be avoided for the patients with disorder of Gastric Bleeding.
- Heart and Kidney Patients – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with Heart and Kidney disorders, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Abdominal Pain – This medicine should only be used if necessary for patients with Abdominal Pain.
- Diarrhea – – It is not advised to prescribe this medicine to patients with Diarrhea, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Lactation – Do not use this medicine while breast feeding.
- This medicine can cause body to dehydrate. Stay hydrated while using this medicine.
A. Price of Digene Medicine is Rs. 108.85 for 200 ml Syrup, .
A. Digene medicine is the composition of Aluminium Hydroxide, Magnesium Hydroxide, Simethicone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose .
A. Manufacturer of Digene is ABBOT.
A. This article written on Digene will provide you the usage, dose, price & side effects of Digene.