Table of Contents
Immune System is like a defense system for our body as it helps in fighting various virus, bacteria and parasites and it helps in preventing and treating various infections and disorders. Fruits like guava, berries and oranges, green vegetables like broccoli and other various healthy fats are all great sources to boost immune system of the body and .
Foods high in sugar like soda, processed food and alcoholic beverages should be avoided as they reduce the effectiveness of our immune system.
What is Immune System?
Immune System of our body comprises of various cells and organs and it helps in protecting our body from various pathogens like bacteria, viruses, parasites and worms and it prevents the entering of a harmful substance. Immune System of our body gets automatically activated as soon as it detects an antigen, it fights the antigen and thus it helps in preventing and treating disorders and diseases.
Nutrients like Vitamin C, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Vitamin D and proteins are all necessary for the growth and functioning of our immune system.
Top 10 Foods that Boost our Immune System:
- Oranges/Lemons – Oranges/Lemons are very commonly used sources for boosting the immunity of our body. Oranges and Lemons are great sources of Vitamin C and Vitamin C is necessary for the growth of lymphocytes (immune cells) and thus they boost immune system.
- Skim Yogurt – Skim Yogurt is a great dairy product for boosting the immunity of our body. Skim Yogurt provides a good amount of Vitamin D and protein to our body which are necessary for the proper functioning of our immune system.
- Bell Peppers – Bell Peppers are highly nutritious sources of Vitamin C and other minerals like iron which are very helpful for proper functioning of various parts of our body. Vitamin C helps in growth of the lymphocytes and Iron is necessary for the improving the functioning of our immune system.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a yellow spice which is very commonly used while cooking. Turmeric can provide you various Vitamins and Nutrients like Vitamin C, Iron and Zinc which are necessary for the growth and functioning of our immune system. Apart from these Turmeric is a great anti-oxidant also.
- Almonds – Almonds are a great nut snack sources for boosting the immunity of our body. Almonds are great sources of Vitamin E and Proteins which are useful in protecting various disorders and thus they help to boost immune system.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is one of the healthiest foods which are helpful in boosting our immune system. Broccoli can provide a rich of vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron and Zinc which are all necessary for better functioning of our immune system.
- Ginger – Ginger can provide you a variety of different vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other minerals like potassium and manganese which are all very helpful in enhancing the performance of our immune system. Apart from these Ginger is also very helpful in improving the metabolism of our body.
- Oysters – Oysters are great sea foods source for boosting the immunity of our body. Oyster are highly rich source of various Vitamins and Minerals like Vitamin D, Zinc, Iron and Selenium which are all necessary in preventing various disorders and thus enhances the performance of immune system.
- Green Tea – Green Tea is one of the healthiest sources of boosting the immunity of our body. Green helps in reducing the anti oxidants of our body and it is also helpful in the prevention of various cancer and heart disorders and thus it helps in improving the immunity of our body.
- Sunflower Seeds – Sunflower Seeds are highly rich sources of Vitamin E and Selenium which are very helpful in maintaining and boosting the immune system of our body and they are also a great antioxidant.
- Spinach – Spinach is also one of the healthiest vegan sources for boosting the immunity of our body. You can eat Spinach raw in salad or cooked. Spinach is a highly nutritious source of a variety of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Iron which are all necessary for boosting the growth and functioning of our immune system.
All the Foods mentioning above are healthy, easily available and highly nutritious and are great sources for boosting our immune system. Immune System is like a guarding system for our body as it protects our body from all the harmful substances and pathogens like bacteria and viruses and it provides a fortification to our body. It is necessary to maintain a good immune system to protect our body from all kinds of disorders and for having a healthy living.