Potassium is one of the most important mineral for the maintaining the health and functioning of various parts of body. Foods rich in Potassium are required for maintaining and improving the health of heart, muscles and nerve system.
Its very important to know about the foods rich in potassium because It is generally advised to consume 3500 mg to 4700 mg of Potassium per day for an adult to fulfill the requirements of the body.
You can exceed the amount of Potassium taken by your body based on your requirements.
What is Potassium?
Potassium is generally helpful in maintaining blood pressure and muscle contraction in our body it is also helpful in maintain fluid of our body. Potassium is helpful in maintaining overall good health of body which high amount of Potassium can also cause some health issues.
Potassium is helpful to prevent Kidney stone, Cardio strokes and Osteoporosis. Fruits and green vegetables are good source of Potassium for humans. Deficiency of Potassium can cause Fatigue, weakness, constipation in our body.
Importance of Foods rich in Potassium:
- Potassium Prevents kidney stones- Lack of Potassium can cause you kidney stones. Potassium helps to maintain fluid and good metabolism of our body and reduced the chance of kidney stones.
- Muscles contraction- Potassium is helpful in maintaining muscle contraction. Lack of potassium can cause muscle cramps potassium is helpful in maintaining all over health of body.
- Potassium Prevents Osteoporosis – Potassium is helpful in reduce the risk of Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis occurs when bones become too weak. Potassium helps in improving the bone health and strengthens the bones.
- Lowers Blood Pressure and Cholesterol – Potassium is also said to be very helpful in lowering the blood pressure and cholesterol generally in pregnant women.
- Nerve signals– Potassium helps in transferring the electrical Signals from Brain to other parts of the body.
Top 10 Foods rich in Potassium:
- Potatoes- Potatoes are one of the richest sources of Potassium. 100 grams of Potatoes can provide you 535 mg of Potassium. About 720 grams of Potatoes can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Bananas- Bananas are very commonly eaten source of Potassium. 100 grams of Bananas can provide you 358 mg of Potassium. About 1080 grams of Bananas can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Avocado- Avocado is a healthy fruit that can fulfill your requirement of various nutrients and minerals. Avocado is rich source of Potassium. 100 grams of Avocado can provide you 485 mg of Potassium. About 800 grams of Avocado can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are healthy and tasty source of Potassium. 100 grams of Sweet Potatoes can provide you 340 mg of Potassium. About 1160 grams of Sweet Potatoes can fulfill the daily requirement of Sweet Potatoes.
- White beans- White beans are one of the great foods rich in Protein & Potassium. 100 grams of White beans can provide you 561 mg of Potassium. About 680 grams of White beans can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are great vegan sources of Potassium. 100 grams of Tomatoes can provide you 218 mg of Potassium. About 1800 grams of Tomatoes can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Spinach– Spinach is one of the best and healthiest vegan sources of Potassium. You can eat it raw or cooked. 100 gm of Spinach can provide you about 466 mg of Potassium. About 856 grams of spinach can fulfill daily requirement of Potassium.
- White Mushroom– Mushrooms are also a healthy vegan source of Potassium. Mushrooms are considered one of the best foods rich in potassium100 grams of White Mushroom can provide you about 356 mg of Potassium. About 1120 grams of White Mushroom can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Oranges- Oranges are great fruit and highly sources of vitamin c & Potassium. 100 grams of Oranges can provide you 180 mg of Potassium. About 720000 grams of Oranges can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
- Dairy Products- Dairy products like Milk and Yogurt are also the healthy and good source of Potassium. 100 grams of Milk and Yogurt can provide you 150 mg of Potassium. About 600000 grams of these products can fulfill the daily requirement of Potassium.
All the foods mentioned above are healthy, easily available and are great source of Potassium. Potassium is important mineral for our body and overall health. we should add foods rich in potassium in our daily diet. It helps in proper functioning of various body parts including cardio vascular system, bones health, muscles health and proper brain functioning of our body. Please maintain a good amount of Potassium in your body for good health and better lifestyle.