Table of Contents
Insulin is a hormone that is secreted by pancreatic gland and it is useful in controlling and regulating the blood sugar levels. Maintaining the insulin levels in our body as it is necessary for maintaining the sugar levels and helps in prevention of diabetes. There are lot of foods which can boost Insulin Production in your body and prevent the chances of diabetes.
Foods rich in fiber, Vitamin D and magnesium are very helpful in the healthy insulin function. Food containing high levels of carbohydrates, fats and proteins increases the amount of glucose in our body and thus our body secretes insulin much faster.
What is Insulin?
Insulin is a hormone which is helpful in regulating the glucose levels in the body. It is released by pancreatic gland in our blood and it helps in breaking down of glucose and helps in conversion of glucose into energy.
Insulin is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins as they breaks down into glucose and thus insulin helps in the absorption of glucose in the form of energy in our blood, liver and cells. High levels of insulin in our body can cause low blood glucose levels that can cause you fatigue, sweating, dizziness and muscle ache.
Top Foods that Boosts the Insulin Production:
- Green Vegetables – Green Vegetables like Broccoli, Spinach and Kale are one of the healthiest vegan sources which are helpful in boosting the insulin production. Green Vegetables are highly nutritious sources of a variety of nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, magnesium and Fiber which are all very helpful in improving the insulin sensitivity of the our body. Apart from these green vegetables also contains low amount of starch which is also good for improving insulin sensitivity.
- Citrus Fruits – Citrus Fruits like oranges and lemons are very helpful in enhancing the insulin production in our body. Citrus Fruits like oranges and lemons are very rich sources of Vitamin C which is very helpful in controlling the diabetes and thus helps in promoting the functioning of insulin in our body.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet Potatoes are one of the best vegan sources that help in promoting the insulin production in our body. You can eat them boiled or baked. Sweet Potatoes are one of the best sources of Fiber and Vitamin C which are very helpful in improving the functioning of the insulin hormone. Sweet Potatoes are also good sources of carbohydrates which help in boosting the insulin production in our body.
- Green Tea – Green Tea is one of the healthiest drinks which can help in increasing the insulin production in our body. Green Tea can provide you some antioxidant and nutrients which are helpful in decrease the blood sugar levels and enhance the functioning of insulin hormone.
- Salmon – Salmon is one of the best sea food sources of omega-3 and proteins. Omega-3 is very helpful in improving the functioning of Insulin in our body and proteins are helpful in increasing the insulin production in our body.
- Oat-Meals – Oat meals like oats, barley and quinoa are one of the best vegan sources of improving the insulin production. These Oat meals can provide you a rich amount of nutrients like magnesium, fiber and other nutrients which are very helpful in improving the functioning of Insulin hormone in our body.
- Low Sugar Yogurt – Low Sugar Yogurt is one of the best dairy product sources of boosting the insulin production in our body. Low Sugar yogurt can provide you a variety of nutrients like Vitamin C and proteins which are all necessary in improving the insulin function and helps in boosting the insulin production.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are one of the most commonly eaten vegan sources which can help in boosting the insulin production. Tomatoes are rich in a variety of nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A and magnesium which are very helpful in absorption of glucose in blood and thus boost insulin production in your body.
- Berries – Berries are great sources of antioxidant and Vitamin C which are very helpful in improving the functioning of insulin hormone in our body. Berries are useful in enhance the insulin sensitivity of the body and thus helps in promoting the production of insulin.
- Bell Peppers – Bell Peppers are highly nutritious sources of Vitamin C and other minerals like iron which are very helpful for proper functioning of various parts of our body. Vitamin C very helpful in absorption of glucose in blood and thus boost insulin production.
All the Foods mentioning above are healthy, easily available and highly nutritious and are great sources for boosting our insulin production. Insulin helps in regulating the blood sugar levels. It is necessary to maintain a good amount of insulin to prevent ourselves from diabetes and other disorders related to blood sugar levels and for having a healthy living.