Table of Contents
Estrogen is a female sex hormone which is required for various functions related to the female reproductive organs. Estrogen can affect a person both physically and mentally. Foods like Soybeans, Tofu, seeds and various other plant based foods are good foods to boost estrogen in the body.
Some Plant Based Foods generally contains nutrients known as phyto-estrogens are very useful in boosting the levels of estrogen in the body. Animal Based Foods do not contain any phyto-estrogen thus they do not help in boosting the estrogen levels.
What is Estrogen?
Estrogen also known as oestrogen is a female hormone which performs a variety of function like prevents menopause and various menstrual disorders like uterine bleeding and painful periods, improves fertility, strengthen the bones and prevents various other disorder such as amenorrhea and secondary amenorrhea.
It is necessary to maintain certain levels of estrogen in the body both high level of estrogen and low levels of estrogen can cause your body various disorders and issues like menstrual disorder, weight gain, mood swings and dry skin. So its necessary to include Foods that Boost Estrogen in your diet. Below is the list of top 10 Foods that Boost Estrogen.
Top Foods that Boost the Estrogen:
- Soybeans – Soybeans are one of the best vegan sources of a variety of nutrients such as proteins, Vitamin C and Folic Acid. Soybeans can provide you a good amount of phyto-estrogen which is vital for improving and boosting the functioning and amount of estrogen in the body.
- Peaches – Peaches are also great fruits to boost the amount of estrogen in the body. Peaches contains a variety of nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Peaches contain a good amount of lignans which is a type of phyto-estrogen which is helpful for boosting the estrogen levels.
- Tofu – Tofu is also a very nutritious vegetarian source which can help in boosting the estrogen levels in the body. Tofu can provide you various nutrients such as proteins, iron, zinc, calcium and Vitamin B1. Tofu is a great of isoflavones which is a type phyto-estrogen.
- Flax Seeds – Flax Seeds are highly rich sources of phytoestrogens called lignans, high fiber and omega-3 fatty acids which are all very hepful in boosting the functioning and the amount of estrogen in the body.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegan sources which can help in boosting the levels of estrogen in the body. Broccoli can provide you a variety of nutrients Fiber, protein and B Vitamins which are helpful in improving functioning of estrogen. Broccoli can also provide you a good amount of lignans and coumestrol both of which are phyto-estrogens.
- Wheat Bran – Wheat Bran is a highly nutritious source of protein, fiber, zinc, phosphorus and B Vitamins which are helpful in enhacing the functioning of the estrogen in the body. Wheat Bran can also provide you a rich amount of lignans which helps in boosting the estrogen levels in the body.
- Dried Fruits – Dried Fruits such as dates, apricots and prunes are some of the great snack sources which can help in boosting the estrogen levels in the body. These dried fruits are some of the richest source of phyto-estrogens thus they help in boosting the estrogen levels.
- Berries – Berries are great fruit sources of boosting the estrogen levels in the body. Berries can provide you a rich amount of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, fiber and antioxidant which are all helpful in boosting the functioning of estrogen. Berries like strawberries, cranberries and raspberries are great sources of phyto-estrogens.
- Sesame Seeds – Sesame Seeds are also highly rich sources of a variety of nutrients such as healthy fat, fiber, iron and calcium, these seeds also contains a good amount of phyto-estrogen which are all helpful in boosting the functioning and amount of estrogen in the body.
- Garlic – Garlic is a very commonly used spice while cooking and it can help in enhancing the estrogen levels in the body. Garlic can provide you some rich amounts of B Vitamins, Vitamin C and manganese which helps in proper functioning of estrogen. Garlic can also provide you some good amount of phyto-estrogens which are very helpful in boosting the estrogen in the body.
All the Foods mentioning above are healthy, easily available and highly nutritious and are great sources for boosting the estrogen. Estrogen is necessary in a female body for various functions and from prevention of various disorders and issues such as menstrual disorders and stress. It is necessary to maintain certain levels of estrogen to stay healthy both mentally and physically and for having a healthy living.