Zinc is one of the most essential mineral for the proper functioning of our immune system, creating enzymes and DNA. It is a dietary supplement and Foods rich in zinc are easily available.
Zinc is generally helpful in growth or development of children. It is advised to consume about 8 micro grams for women and 11 micro grams for men in a day to fulfill the requirement for the day. You can exceed the amount of Zinc taken by your body based on your requirements.
What is Zinc?
Zinc is the mineral which is not made naturally we get zinc through diet. Zinc is found in both plant food and animal product it is most essential mineral for our body. It is very helpful to boosting our immune system, for basic development in children, proper functioning of our body. Deficiency of zinc can cause loss of appetite, weight loss, lack of scene of taste and smell and skin related problems etc.
Importance of Foods rich in Zinc
- Boosts the Immunity of the Body – Zinc is used in maintaining and improving our immune system. It is also helpful in increasing the amount of white blood cells in the body and thus it helps in preventing various diseases.
- Growth and development – It is really helpful in physical growth of the children during pregnancy, infancy and puberty.
- Prevents Pregnancy Complication – Deficiency of zinc can increase the risk and complications during pregnancy thus it is advised to take the required quantity of zinc to prevent these complications.
- Wound healing- Zinc is used as a healing agent. Zinc is used in skin creams to treat skin rashes and other skin related problems.
- Common cold- It is generally helpful in treating of common cold and also it helps to decreased chronic diseases.
Top 10 Foods Rich in Zinc:
- Beef – Beef is one of the great sources of Zinc. 100 grams of Beef can provide you about 11 micro grams of Zinc. About 100 grams of Beef can fulfill your daily requirements of zinc.
- Lentils- Lentils is a food crop it contains properties of zinc. 100 grams of lentils can provide you about 1 micro grams of zinc. About 1100 grams of lentils can fulfill your daily requirements of zinc
- Oysters- Oysters is one the richest source of zinc. 100 grams of oysters can provide you about 61 micro grams of zinc. About 18 grams of oysters can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Chicken leg – Chicken leg also contain zinc. 100 grams of chicken leg can provide you about 2 micro grams of zinc. About 550 grams of chicken leg can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Egg – Boiled Egg is also a very commonly eaten source of zinc along with proteins. 1 boiled can provide you about 0.55 micro grams of zinc. About 20 eggs can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Tofu- Tofu contains various other nutrients like protein, iron, Vitamin B1. 100 grams tofu can provide you about 2 micro grams of zinc. About 550 grams of tofu can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Oatmeal (Whole grain) – Oatmeal is a whole grain and coarse flour. 100 grams of oatmeal can provide you about 1 micro gram of zinc. About 1100 micro grams of oatmeal can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Mushroom – Mushroom is also a great source of zinc. 100 grams of mushroom can provide you about 1 micro grams of zinc. About 1100 grams of mushroom can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Dark chocolate – Dark chocolate are best source of zinc. 100 grams of dark chocolate can provide you about 3.3 micro grams of zinc. About 333.3 grams of dark chocolate can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
- Milk and dairy product – Dairy products like milk and yogurt are commonly eaten source of zinc. 100 grams of yogurt can provide you about 1 micro grams of zinc. About 1100 grams of yogurt can fulfill your daily requirement of zinc.
All the foods mentioned above are easily available and are considered as best Foods rich in Zinc. Zinc is an important nutrient for our body which helps in enhancing the growth and development of the body. Zink is also helpful in treating and preventing various disorders and helps in boosting the immunity of the body. Please maintain a good amount of Zinc in your body for good health and better lifestyle by adding Foods rich in zinc in your daily diet!