Magnesium is one of the most essential mineral for the proper functioning of our immune system, creating enzymes. Magnesium is helpful in bone, muscle, heart, brain functioning. Magnesium is helpful in overall health. Foods rich in Magnesium are not rare, you can get them easily.
It is generally advised to consume 400 mg to 420 mg of magnesium per day for an adult to fulfill the requirements of the body. You can exceed the amount of Iron taken by your body based on your requirements.
What is magnesium?
Magnesium in body is useful in maintaining bone health and it helps in regulating the muscle contraction, cardio vascular system and proper brain functioning. Dairy product and vegetables are rich source of magnesium. Food rich in Magnesium helps to produce over 300 enzymes in our body. Deficiency of magnesium can cause fatigue, muscle cramps, high blood pressure, etc.
Importance of Foods rich in Magnesium:
- Boosts the Immunity of the Body – Magnesium is used in maintaining and improving our immune system. It is also helpful in increasing the amount of blood cells in the body and thus it helps in preventing various diseases.
- Maintain bone and muscle health- Magnesium helps to maintain bone and muscle health of the body. It helps to reduced muscle cramps and it is also helps to prevent osteoporosis.
- Lowers Blood Pressure and Cholesterol – Magnesium is also said to be very helpful in lowering the blood pressure and cholesterol generally in pregnant women.
- Maintain sugar level- Magnesium helps to maintain blood sugar level in our body. Magnesium helps in reducing insulin level from body.
- Helps in transferring the Signals from Brain to other parts of the body. It helps to prevent migraine and Depression.
Top 10 Foods rich in Magnesium:
- Pumpkin Seeds- Pumpkin seeds are good source of Magnesium. 100 grams of Pumpkin can provide you 500 mg of Magnesium. About 80 grams of Pumpkin seeds can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium. Pumpkins are the top Foods rich in Magnesium.
- Dark chocolate- Dark chocolate is on of the best Foods rich in Magnesium. 100 grams of Dark chocolate can provide you 228 mg of Magnesium. About 172 grams of Dark chocolate can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Almonds- Almonds is also good source of Magnesium & Vitamin E and also helpful in sharpen our memory. 100 grams of Almonds can provide you 270 mg of Magnesium. About 148 grams off Almonds can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Spinach – Spinach is a green leafy vegetable and good vegan source of Magnesium. Spinach contains so many other nutrients like Iron. 100 grams of Spinach can provide you 87 mg of Magnesium. About 456 grams of Spinach can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Avocado- Avocado is fruit which have good amount of nutrition and best source of Magnesium. 100 grams of Avocado can provide you 30 mg of Magnesium. About 1332 grams of Avocado can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Tofu- Tofu is good and healthy source of Magnesium. Tofu is helpful in body building. 100 grams of Tofu can provide you 60 mg of Magnesium. About 664 grams of Tofu can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Brown Rice- Brown rice is one of the healthy and rich sources of Magnesium. 100 grams of Brown rice can provide you 44 mg of Magnesium. About 904 grams of Brown rice can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Peanuts- Peanuts are great nut snacks and rich source of Magnesium. 100 grams of Peanuts can provide you 50 mg of Magnesium. About 800 grams of Peanuts can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
- Bananas- Bananas are very commonly eaten source of Magnesium. 100 grams of Bananas can provide you 27 mg of Magnesium. About 1480 grams of Bananas can fulfill the daily requirement of Magnesium.
All the foods mentioned above are healthy and considered as great Foods rich in Magnesium. Magnesium is an important mineral for our body as it helps in growth and development. It helps in proper functioning of various body parts including cardiovascular system, bones health, muscles health and proper brain functioning of our body. Food rich in Magnesium are helpful in all over growth of our body. Please maintain a good amount of Magnesium in your body for good health and better lifestyle.