Table of Contents
Calorie is the measurement of energy provided to our body after the consumption of food. Energy allows the human body to perform functionally and efficiently. High levels energy in the body allows us to perform better in every day to day activity while low levels of energy reduces the performance of our body, and foods rich in calories can easily maintain our requirements.
It is generally advised to consume 2000 to 2500 Calories per day for an adult to fulfill the requirements of the body. You can exceed or reduce the amount of Calories taken by your body based on your requirements.
What are Calories?
Calorie is the unit of measurement of energy. High Calorie foods generally provide high levels of energy to our and thus they are more preferred to be consumed by us. Foods like milk, cereals, meat and vegetables like sweet potatoes and broccoli are some of the best foods rich in Calories.
It is necessary to maintain certain level of Calories in your body both Low and High levels of Calories can cause you certain disorders such as cardiovascular diseases, digestive disorders, inhibits the immune system, increase in blood pressure and diabetes.
Importance of Foods Rich in Calories:
Energy in generally is the capacity of a body to do work. Our body gets energy from the nutrients it absorbs and then it converts those nutrients into glucose which is the fuel for energy in our body. Calories are just a measurement unit of this energy.
- To perform our tasks effectively and efficiently – Energy is necessary for our body to perform any task. It is not possible for our body to perform any task without consuming energy. High Calorie foods provide high levels of Energy to our body which ensure the efficient and effective work done.
- Improves the Brain Function and Mental Health – High levels of energy also helps in boosting the Brain Function of the body and thus it helps in improving the mental health thus it improves the mental activities performed by us such as reading, learning, etc.
- Boosts the metabolism of our body – Energy is required even for the digestion and absorption of nutrients in our body and thus high levels of energy ensures better metabolism of nutrients in our body.
Top 10 Foods rich in Calories:
- Tofu – Tofu is a great source of high levels of Calories and Proteins. 100 grams of Tofu can provide you about 144 Calories of energy. About 1736 grams of Tofu can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Milk – Milk is one of the most commonly consumed dairy product source of Calories and other nutrients such as protein and calcium. 100 ml of milk can provide you about 60 Calories of Energy. About 4166 ml of Milk can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet Potatoes are highly nutritious and great vegan sources of Calories. Sweet Potatoes are considered as on of the top foods rich in calories. You can eat them baked or boiled. 100 grams of Sweet Potatoes contains about 101 Calories of Energy. About 2475 grams of Sweet Potatoes can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Avocadoes – Avocadoes are one of the richest and highly nutritious fruit sources of Calories. 1 large avocado (200 grams) contains about 322 Calories of Energy in it. About 1550 grams of 8 large Avocadoes can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Fatty Fishes – Fatty Fishes such as Salmon, Tuna and Sardines are also great sea food sources of Calories, proteins and fats. These Fatty Fishes can provide you high levels of Calories, about 100 grams of these fishes can provide you about 206 Calories of Energy. About 1215 grams of these fishes can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Rice – Rice is also one of the most commonly eaten, highly nutritious vegan sources of Calories. 100 grams of cooked rice can provide you about 130 Calories of Energy. About 1925 grams of Cooked Rice can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Steak – Steak is also one of the richest non vegetarian sources of Calories, proteins and fats. 100 grams of Steak can provide you about 300 Calories of Energy. About 833 grams of Steak can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Peanuts – Peanuts is a great nut snack source of Calories. 100 grams of Peanuts can provide you about 567 Calories of Energy. About 440 grams of Peanuts can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Cheese – Cheese is also one of the best dairy products which can provide you a good amount of Calories, fats and proteins. 100 grams of Cheese can provide you about 400 grams of Calories. About 625 grams of Cheese can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is a highly nutritious vegan source of high levels of Calories. 100 grams of Quinoa contains about 120 Calories of Energy. About 2085 grams of Quinoa can fulfill your daily requirements of Calories.
All the foods mentioned above are easily available, healthy and are great sources of Calories. Calories/Energy is essential for our body to perform every task and are necessary for maintaining various functioning of our body. Please maintain a certain amount of Calories in your body for good health and better lifestyle.