Life is so uncertain that we never know what is going to happen tomorrow. In this uncertain life, it is important to have protection or safety against some issues. Health is wealth and that is why there is a huge trend of buying health insurance. The best part is that we can now buy the हेल्थ इन्शुरन्स online and it is also available in Hindi so that it becomes easy for the people who have an issue in reading English. The insurance companies have started offering their services online in order to provide every possible convenience to the people.
Health insurance is important to everyone around us no matter what our age is. If your parents are not having health insurance then it is time to gift them the health insurance that will provide them protection against the various health risks, medical emergencies, and hospitalization expenses. There is a need to compare the health insurance policies well before you make your final decision of purchasing them. The reasons behind this are:
- To get the best health plan
- To choose the affordable rate of premiums
- To know the additional benefits
- To know the network hospital details, and so on.
If you are planning to buy health insurance for a senior citizen then here is a guide about this that you must know. These are some of the points to keep in mind before choosing health insurance:
- Age limit restrictions: Every health insurance policy has its own set rules that we must know before we buy them. The most important thing to know while purchasing the health insurance policies for your parents is the age limit. You must know the specific age limit that is mentioned by the insurance policy to buy health insurance.
- Know the coverage: The next thing that you should know is the coverage of the health insurance policy. Not all health insurance policies are the same as every policy is different and offers different services and inclusions. So, it is important to know the coverage details in advance. You must prefer the policy that offers you the maximum of services and inclusions. For example, it must cover checkups, hospitalization, and other treatments as well.
- Know the policy renewal details: Not all the policies are lifetime as some of the policies are having their own prescribed limit for the renewal. You must know when the policy will be renewal, till what age it will be renewed, and how to renew the policy. When you inquire about the policy renewals you will be able to shortlist many options as you will only choose one that suits your requirements.
- Discussing about the pre-existing health conditions: When you buy health insurance for your parents at a senior age you must discuss about their existing health problems of in advance. There is a concept of a waiting period that you must know in case of the existing health condition as well. Never hide anything from your insurer so discuss about this also.
- Know the option of co-payment: You must inquire about the option or the clause of co-payment before you purchase health insurance for them.
- Know the details of claim or sum insured: You must know the insured sum under the health insurance that you are going to buy for your parents. Every health insurance will offer a different amount of sum insured. It is always better to choose the one that insured the large sum instead of the one that insures less.
- The inclusion of health checkups: We all want our parents to stay healthy and fit all the time. In order to make them so there is a need to do regular checkups so that they can know if any issue arises as soon as possible. The health checkups must be part of your health insurance policy and you must ask about this in advance. So, to make a healthy lifestyle a habit check if they offer health checkups or not.
- Option of no claim bonus: The concept of no claim bonus comes as a benefit for the policy holders who have not claimed anything in a year. This means they are now eligible for the no claim bonus. But not all companies offer the facility of no claim bonus and that is why you need to ask about this in advance. You must choose the one that offers you this facility.
- Easy settlement of claim: Everybody wants to have an easy claim settlement so that we don’t have to bother much about it. Make sure they offer the easiest way to settle a claim so that you don’t face any issues later on.
So, these things should always be kept in mind while you choose health insurance for your parents. Care Insurance is providing the best services that you can check out online.