Gemcal Capsule is formulated in the category of Nutritional Supplement for Vitamins and Calcium. It is predominantly used as to treat conditions of deficiencies.
|Price||Rs. 266 for 15 capsules|
|Manufacturer||Alkem Laboratories Ltd|
|Composition/Salt||Calcitrol, Calcium carbonate, Elemental Zinc|
Composition of Gemcal Capsule:
Below is the composition of Gemcal Capsule.
- Calcitrol (0.25mcg) – It is the active form of Vitamin D. A manufactured form is used to treat kidney disease with low blood calcium, osteoporosis and familial hypophosphatemia.
- Calcium carbonate (500mg) – It is a dietary supplement used when the amount of calcium taken in the diet is not fulfilling the body need. Calcium is needed by the body for healthy bones, muscles, nervous system and heart.
- Elemental Zinc (7.5mg) – It is involved in numerous aspects of cellular metabolism.
Usage of Gemcal Capsule:
As a medicine Gemcal Capsule is used to cure following conditions:
- It is used to cure Vitamin D deficiency, bone and muscle soreness.
- It is used to treat Anaemia by help in improving Hemoglobin levels in body.
- Gemcal is used in case of disorders of bleeding and clotting.
- It helps maintain calcium level and thereby promoting normal bone growth.
- It helps in treating gastric acidity and heartburn.
How to use Gemcal Capsule?
Gemcal Capsule is used as Nutritional Supplement. The effectiveness of medicine is strictly depends on the severity and condition of patient. It works in different ways as per patient’s age group, gender and the medical history. Dosage of medicine should be followed strictly as prescribed by Doctor.
- Gemcal is available in form of capsule and should be taken as prescribed by doctor.
- Gemcal should be taken empty stomach for better absorption.
- Capsule should be taken as whole with water and should not be crushed, tempered or chewed.
Adverse & Side Effects of Gemcal Capsule:
If a medicine is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with the intended benefits there are chances of getting a few unwanted side effects too.
Side Effects may vary from person to person so doctor should be consulted for medication, and dosage. The most common side effects of the Gemcal Capsule are the following:
- Some common side effects of the medicine are like Headache, Irritability, Loss in appetite, Dry Mouth and Dizziness.
- Some other less common side effects are like High Blood Pressure, Weight Loss, Nausea, Vomiting and Abdominal Pain.
Precautions and Warnings while using Gemcal Capsule:
- Pregnancy – Intake of Gemcal Capsule during pregnancy in not advisable, medication should be consulted with doctor.
- Lactation – Information on Safety during lactation is not available so please inform your doctor.
- Driving – Gemcal Capsule effects during driving are unknown, so please consult your doctor before medication.
- Diabetes – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Alcohol – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Liver – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.
- Kidney – Information not available, so please consult the doctor.