Weight management is not an easy task for numerous people in the world; many individuals struggle because this task requires significant lifestyle changes and habit alterations, and for others, it can be complicated because of certain health issues. For example, people with diabetes often have to deal with obesity without the possibility of using heavy exercise programs or numerous available diet options, as blood sugar control is always the main priority.
So, is it possible to lose weight despite the unpleasant weight-related condition? Or do diabetics have just to accept their fate and figure out how to live with obesity? Today, we would like to discuss an excellent weight loss drug able to not only control blood sugar but to help with chronic weight management as well – Ozempic. Continue reading to enrich your knowledge about this wonderful brand!
Basic information about the brand
Ozempic – a unique, effective injectable for lowering blood sugar levels and reducing initial body weight in diabetic patients. Manufactured by Novo Nordisk, this product uses semaglutide to regulate glucose levels and boost the natural production of insulin in the body. It belongs to the GLP-1 agonists’ drug class, which is basically a substitute for human glucagon-like peptide-1. Thus, people don’t feel hungry for a longer time and have no need to snack constantly.
We know diabetes medications can be pretty expensive in the USA. That’s why many people choose to buy them abroad to save some money. As for Ozempic, Canada is a perfect place to purchase it and have it delivered to your address in the shortest term!
If compare this injectable medication with other products with similar purposes, the chances of severe adverse reactions and irritations are much lower. Of course, correct injection technique and a discussion with a medical professional are vital to guarantee a safe treatment, so let’s have a closer look at some essential info about the Ozempic drug to understand it better.
Correct administration technique
When it comes to the administration technique, Ozempic is pretty similar to other medications used for this purpose. First, it is important to know the main drug administration spots: upper arm, abdomen, or upper thigh; it is better to alter between the places to avoid irritations, hypersensitivity, or unwanted formations in the area of choice.
Speaking about the frequency, Ozempic is a weekly injection suitable only for people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. In order not to forget about it, specialists recommend choosing one day from a week for the drug administration; if forgotten, it is always better to use the product later than
skip the injection in general. The only thing you should remember is a three-day rule – there should be at least a three-day interval between every Ozempic application.
It is crucial to inform a medical professional about any prescribed medications, herbal supplements, or over-the-counter drugs before starting to use Ozempic. Some of the products may be incompatible with the brand and thus lead to unwanted adverse reactions.
Limitations for the injectable
Two types of contraindications should be considered before prescribing Ozempic to a patient: strict and common ones. Strict limitations are related to the following condition:
- ● Thyroid C cell tumors (either a personal or family history);
- ● Tumors in the glands (or multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2). Other conditions should be discussed, and the treatment may begin if a doctor decides Ozempic is safe for a patient despite those issues. So, the following problems must be mentioned during
the consultation in a clinic:
- ● Pancreatitis;
- ● Kidney disease;
- ● Retinopathy (eye problems caused by diabetes mellitus);
- ● Cardiovascular disease;
- ● Stomach issues;
- ● And so on. When it comes to pregnancy or breastfeeding, certain nuances shouldn’t be forgotten as well. For example, it is recommended to stop using Ozempic for at least two months if a woman wants to get pregnant. If the intake of the remedy cannot be stopped, a doctor should always be available to keep track of a patient’s condition; only in this way will it be possible to make sure nothing threatens a baby or a mother-to-be. Possible post-injection reaction The most common side effects of this weight-loss medication are, once again, pretty similar to the adverse reactions of other insulin-like medicines meant to control blood sugar levels and weight. Commonly, people experience the following symptoms:
- ● Injection spot irritations (like redness or swelling);
- ● Stomach-related issues (constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, etc.);
- ● Headache;
- ● Reduced appetite. Everything mentioned above shouldn’t worry a patient because all those symptoms are 100% natural; however, it is still crucial to be cautious about some severe side effects that may
develop after the drug administration. So, if you notice any signs of allergic reactions (like swollen throat or tongue, trouble breathing, etc.), blurred vision, painful sensations in the Ozempic administration spot, or other concerning symptoms, it is better to get in touch with a doctor as soon as possible to discuss possible treatment options.
How does Ozempic for weight loss work?
People lose weight effectively and noticeably because of the beneficial working principle of the weight loss Ozempic. Its main purpose is to slow down consumed food and make its time of traveling through one’s digestive tract longer (also known as gastric emptying). In this way, a person feels fuller longer, so there is no need to constantly snack or eat five meals per day.
It also works well in preventing blood sugar spikes, which are often the reason for extreme hunger in people. By using Ozempic, it is possible to create new healthy eating habits and control food cravings much better. And that’s the best thing about this product.
Sometimes, people may experience such side effects as nausea and vomiting for a long time (up to a few weeks). All because the body needs time to get used to a new medication, as well as lower blood sugar and appetite.
How much weight can I lose with this product?
If you expect dramatic weight loss effects within a short time, we have bad news for you – Ozempic is not your medication. The average weight loss with this drug is 6.5kg over a 30 to 56 weeks period. All of that is, of course, combined with a newly-planned diet and exercise program.
Simple injectables won’t be enough if your main goal is to treat obesity. We are sure a doctor would recommend partially-invasive procedures like liposuction. But we can only give you recommendations here, so please, visit a specialist to create a perfectly suitable medical plan for your individual needs.
The bottom line
Ozempic is an effective medication able to help lose weight and control glucose in the blood of people with a few extra kilograms and the second type of diabetes. It’s rarely used as a solo treatment and is usually prescribed together with other insulin drugs. Of course, lifestyle and diet changes are also crucial for positive results. Hopefully, now you understand this brand much better. Stay safe!