Vitamins are one of the most essential components for the proper functioning of various parts of our body. Vitamins are generally helpful in improving the metabolism of our body. Generally fruits are considered the best foods rich in vitamins, however there are other foods which also provide lot of vitamins to us.
It is generally advised to consume 65 to 90 mg of Vitamin C, 700 to 900 mcg of Vitamin A, 2.4 mcg to 16 mg of B Vitamins, 1000 mg of Vitamin E and 90 to 120 mcg of Vitamin K. You can exceed or reduce the amount of these Vitamins taken by your body based on your requirements by increasing the amount of foods rich in vitamins to your daily diet .
What are Vitamins?
Vitamins are the organic micro-nutrients which are required for proper functioning of our body. Vitamins are required for the growth of red blood cells in the body, maintaining the cell health and cell metabolism. Vitamins are very helpful in boosting the immunity of the body, maintaining the eye sight and they are also useful in reducing the oxidative stress of the body. Deficiency of Vitamins can cause you Fatigue, Weakness and Shortness of Breath, loss in blood cells blindness, dry skin, rashes and infections.
Importance of Foods Rich in Vitamins:
- Cell Metabolism – Vitamins Plays a major role in cell metabolism. Vitamins are used to metabolize fats, proteins and carbohydrates and are used to provide energy to the body.
- Boosts the Nervous System and Brain Function – Vitamins are also helpful in boosting the Nervous System and Brain Function and thus they are also used for the treatment of various nerve disorders and in the prevention of loss of neurons and depression.
- Helps in Maintaining the Health of Skin and Bones – Vitamins are also helpful in improving and maintaining the health of skin and bones and it is also helpful in healing wounds as Vitamins are also used for repairing the tissues.
- Improves Vision – Vitamins are very helpful in maintaining and improving our vision. Deficiency of Vitamin A can cause you night blindness and loss of vision.
- Provides Energy to the Body.
- Reduces Risk of Cardiac and Heart Disorders.
- Boosting Immunity – Vitamins are helpful in boosting the immunity as it increases the amount of blood cells in the body and helps in proper functioning of body and it is also used to repair tissues.
Top 10 Foods rich in Vitamins:
There are 14 essential vitamins that are necessary for our body. The foods given below are some rich and healthy source of Vitamins.
- Leafy Green Vegetables – Leafy Green Vegetable are known as one of the healthiest foods rich in vitamins. Leafy Green Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce and cabbage can provide you several vitamins like Vitamin A, B2, B3, B6, B9, C, E, Vitamin K and Beta-Carotene.
- Beef – Beef is a very rich source of Vitamin B12 and other vitamins like Vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6 and B9. Apart from this Beef is a great source of proteins and other minerals.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is one of the healthiest sources of Vitamins. You can eat it raw in salad or cooked. Broccoli contains some of the essential vitamins like Vitamin, A, B9, C, E, K and Beta-Carotene.
- Fishes – Fishes like Salmon, Tuna and Trout are one of the best sea food sources of Vitamins. These Fishes can provide you various Vitamins like Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B5, B12, D and E.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms are a great vegan source of various Vitamins and nutrients. Mushrooms can provide you several vitamins like Vitamin B2, B3, B5 and Vitamin D.
- Pork – Pork is a great non vegetarian source of Proteins, Iron and various Vitamins and Nutrients. Pork contains some of the essential vitamins like Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, D and Vitamin B12.
- Nuts – Nuts like Chestnuts, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts and Walnuts are great sources of various Vitamins and Nutrients. These nuts can provide you various Vitamins like Vitamin B1, B2, B6 and Vitamin E.
- Eggs – Eggs are one of the most commonly eaten sources of Vitamins. Eggs can provide you several essential vitamins like Vitamin B2, B5, B12 and Vitamin D.
- Seeds – Seeds like flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds, sunflower seeds are very rich sources of various Nutrients and Vitamins. These seeds can provide you various vitamins like Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and Vitamin E.
- Fruits – Fruits like mangoes, avocado pineapples, guava, bananas and jackfruit are all healthy and are good sources of various Vitamins. These fruits can provide you various vitamins like Vitamin C, A, B1, C, E and Lycopene.
All the foods mentioned above are healthy, easily available and are great sources of Vitamins. Vitamins are useful for cell metabolism in our body and they help in proper functioning of our nerve and brain function. Vitamins are also prevent many disorders, maintain and improve the health of our nails, skin and hair and improve eyesight and boost our immune system. So we should have knowledge about the foods rich in vitamins to maintain a good amount of all type of Vitamins in our body for good health and better lifestyle.