Table of Contents
Minerals are the inorganic compounds that are used to fulfill the requirements of the body. Minerals are generally helpful in growth and development of our body and it helps in proper functioning of our body. It is generally advised to consume 1000 mg of Calcium, 10 to 15 mg of iron and zinc, 150 micro grams of Iodine, 3500 mg of potassium per day for an adult to fulfill the requirements of the body. You can exceed or reduce the amount of Minerals taken by your body based on your use of foods rich in minerals.
What are Minerals?
Minerals are inorganic materials that originate in the earth. They play important roles in various body function and necessary for health. The minerals such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium are important for healthy bones. All nutrients such as protein, enzyme, amino acids etc require minerals for cellular function. Deficiency of Minerals can cause you fatigue, weak bones and loss of immunity.
Importance of foods rich in minerals:
- Maintains Bones Health and helps in Strengthening the Bones – Minerals like Calcium and Phosphorus are essential for maintaining the health and strengthening of bones. They are also helpful in the growth and development of the bones.
- Growth and Development of Body – Minerals are like building block of our body. Minerals are required for growth and development of the body.
- Proper Functioning of various parts of our Body – Minerals are helpful in boosting the function of various systems in our body like nerve system, brain function. Calcium is also required in blood clotting thus Calcium is necessary for proper functioning of Cardio Vascular System.
- Helps in production of Blood – Minerals like iron are used in the production of blood. Minerals like Calcium are also helpful in lowering the blood pressure.
Top 10 Foods Rich in Minerals:
- Green Vegetables – Green Vegetables like broccoli and spinach are great source of minerals. Leafy Green Vegetables contains some essential minerals like iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium and copper.
- Eggs – Eggs are very commonly eaten source of minerals. Eggs are rich in various Vitamins and Minerals like zinc, selenium, iron and phosphorus.
Foods Rich in Vitamin B12 Foods Rich in Calcium Foods Rich in Fats Foods Rich in Omega 3 Patanjali Amla Juice Foods Rich in Iron Rich in Carbohydrates Health Articles
- Nuts – Nuts like cashew, almonds and Brazil nuts are one of the best sources of various nutrients and minerals. These nuts are rich sources of various minerals like iron, copper, selenium, zinc, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Salmon Fish – Salmon Fish is also a great sea food source of various nutrients and minerals. Salmon Fish can provide you several minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, calcium and potassium. Salmon Fish is also a great source of Omega-3 and Vitamin B.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms are also a healthy vegan source of Minerals. Mushrooms can provide various minerals like zinc, selenium, copper and potassium.
- Shellfish – Shellfish are very rich sources of various nutrients and minerals. Shellfish contains various minerals like iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc and selenium. Shellfish is also a great source of Omega-3 and Vitamin B-12.
- Beans and Lentils – Beans like Soybeans, Chicken peas, kidney beans are rich source of various nutrients and minerals. These Beans can provide you several minerals like iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc and copper.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is a great dairy product that can fulfill your daily requirements of various minerals. Yogurt can provide you various minerals like calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
- Avocado – Avocado is a healthy fruit that can fulfill your requirement of various nutrients and minerals. Avocado is a good source of various minerals like potassium, magnesium and copper.
- Seeds – Seeds like flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and squash seeds are very rich sources of various nutrients and minerals. These seeds can provide you various minerals like copper, zinc, iron, phosphorus and selenium.
- Fruits – Fruits like mangoes, pineapples, guava, bananas and jackfruit are all healthy and are good sources of various minerals. These fruits can provide you minerals like magnesium, copper and potassium.
All the foods mentioned above are healthy and are great sources of various Minerals. Minerals are very essential for our body as they help in growth and development of our body and it helps in proper functioning of various body parts including brain function, nerve function and cardio vascular system. Please maintain a good amount of Minerals in your body for good health and better lifestyle.